It’s the holiday season, with some of the year’s biggest celebrations – and savings – crammed into the last month of 2016.
That means you can snag amazing deals when doing your pre- or post-holiday shopping. Since we’ve done the legwork for you, all you have to do is jump on these festive shopping deals and tips before they end!
Festive Holiday Savings Tips & Ideas for Christmas 2016
- For thrifty and smart travelers, December 19th, 20th and 21st are the best days to catch cheap flights for the holiday. If you want to save even more money and don’t mind flying on a holiday, the 25th is another perfect time to travel that’s wallet-friendly.
- You’ll probably need a camera to capture important holiday memories, so why not get a top-of-the line model on sale? This year, Canon.com is offering major savings of up to $420 on 3 refurbished cameras. Concerned about reviews and quality? The really merry thing about this deal is that the cameras have high ratings from Techradar.com, making its list of best DSLR cameras. This 2016 online Christmas sale ends on December 24th, so don’t miss out!
- This Christmas falls on a Saturday, so you’ll presumably have less time to fit in any last-minute shopping if you have to work during the week. Be on the lookout for extended hours (possibly up to 24 hours in some cases) at top stores like Kohl’s, Macy’s, Target, Toys R Us, and others.
- The most anticipated tech accessories and models typically hit the shelves in at the beginning of a new year and in summer. Since newer model laptops tend to launch in January, retail giants like Amazon & Apple stores have awesome discounts on new and refurbished items. Just be sure to buy any add-on warranties that can replace your product in case you have issues with your refurbished product in the future.
- The day after Christmas is the most popular day of the year for returns. The heavy foot traffic is a big advantage to retailers who are also trying to get rid of older inventory. These stores can offer deep discounts on clearance items, so you can save major bucks if you’re willing to brave the after-Christmas sales crowds.
- Fashion and beauty are constantly changing by the season. That’s why winter is a perfect time to update your look by getting deals on beauty items like hair care, cosmetics, and clothing after Christmas. Beauty and department stores and other retailers usually have designer and other items on massive sales to make way for the next season’s looks.
- Unhappy with your gift card present? Check out sites that let you trade in your gift card for cash or exchange for something more suitable. Some of the best places to trade in, sell or exchange unwanted gift cards include GiftCardGranny.com, CardCash.com, or Raise.com.